Friday, October 31, 2008

Recap

It has been a hectic few days. I expect the next few to be just as crazy. We get to do Halloween tonight as a family. Then back to the campaign. The visit was a success. I had the very good fortune of being a part of the motorcade operation. I won't go into much detail. I was able to get a photo op with "The Senator". I met a number of very interesting people at all levels of staff.


At many times it was a very surreal experience. I felt I was in the middle of a movie scene. Surrounded by Secret Service, people constantly scrolling their black berries or a phone on the ear. My main point of contact with the campaign. Was a very dedicated staffer. Detailed oriented to a fault. Multitasking fool, problem solver, organized, focused. Once the wheels left the ground for departure one could notice that it was ok for him to relax. Oh by the way, he was 25.


This next note has absolutely nothing to do with what I heard of saw of the past 24 hours. The campaign plane was heading off the Des Moines, IA. At first I thought nothing about it. While it may make sense geographically. I wonder about it strategically, which at this point has to trump all concerns.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/McCain_chief_claims_Iowa_dead_even.html

Is Iowa back in play. There are quotes out there from the McCain camp that Iowa is functionally tied. They have been spending alot of time and effort there. One can probably tell what a campaign is thinking or planning based on the candidate's schedulel. The good news it looks like alot of the time wil be spent in Florida and Missouri. Which is a good thing as they were both Repbulican states in 2004. So the biggest battle is being fought on republican territory.

No comments: