Friday, October 24, 2008

Dress Rehearsel

This is my first time of living in a battleground state, I find it interesting. The bombardment is full swing. Mailers, robocalls, tv ads. I sense people are hitting maximum capacity. I also sense that maybe the only effective approach left at this time is in fact canvassing. If there are undecideds out there. Which is just completely unfathomable to me. I am not judging them it's just that my brain is wired in a manner that I could not know. If there are undecideds out there I think about the only that will cut through the clutter is a warm smile and a friendly face. It is probably going to take a familiar accent and a similiar disposition to allow ones guard down enough to open up about their feelings on the election.

We are, I am sure all around the state and the country, planning a large scale canvassing operation this weekend. This will in preparation of election day GOTV as well as identifying supporters and persuading the persuadable. This is essentially a dress rehearsel of the election day GOTV operation. This will done this weekend and again next weekend. By election day it will be our third run at the operation. I will assist in running the phone bank operation for the county as well as falling back on my old dispatcher experience and being the driver dispatch for election day. This will be a lot of work, but it will be fun. I have always enjoyed working the polls as I have mentioned previously and I expect this to be more of the same.

No comments: