Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I think it is time

As was mentioned in an earlier posting I now have the freedom of my only child going to school. I discussed what to do now. I have come up with an answer at least for now.

I am going to change the world. Sound a little far-fetched? Well you know what, it is not. Not if you believe. Those of us who are familiar with many of Barack's speeches will be aware of his fired up, ready to go speech. It centers on the affect one person can have on a room, one room, on a town, a town on a state, etc. Well it is time to act. I am fired up and I am ready to go. Ready to go work to make a difference.

Having the good fortune of living in the middle of Missouri for this Presidential election I can make a difference. Missouri is a bellweather state. It has voted for every Presidential winner except one (which was close) since at least 1944. What's more I happen to live in the center of the state that tends mirror the states voting habits. Missouri has a few distinct voting regions. The urban St. Louis and Kansas city areas (heavily democratic), the suburban areas which fluctuate, the rural areas (heavily republican), the southwest Springfield region (heavily republican), and Mid Missouri the Boone county region (swing).

In 2004 Bush beat Kerry by 158 votes. Not this time. I am going to work in my southwest coroner of Columbia to ensure that Obama maximizes his turnout in this city that is ready for a change. If I can work with a team to make sure we win this coroner of Columbia, I am confident my fellow volunteers will work as hard to make sure we win the other sections of Columbia. Once we win Columbia by a large margin, we will reverse 2004 and win Boone County by a large margin. Winning Boone county by a large margin will put us in position to win the state of Missouri. If we win the state of Missouri we will win this election. There is no one that will tell you differently. Once we win this election we will start to see the improvement in our federal government that we all so desperately need, want, and know is right.

I have to stop typing so I can go change the world. If you have any extra time maybe you can join me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I know you won't let Missouri or the country down. It should definitely keep you busy!