Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hostage situation doesn't survive sunlight.

A couple post below is a story about Senator Richard Shelby placing a hold on 70 pending Obama nominees. He was concerned that the administration wasn't honoring his "earmarked" projects for his state fast enough. "Earmarks" where have I heard that dirty word before? His answer was to hold up the pending nominees until he got what he wanted. Kind of reminds me of "I'm taking my ball and going home".

Well. Somehow the story got out to the public and today Senator Shelby has lifted his hold. Of course he has lame ass excuse how he got what he wanted to save face. This is total BS. Even if that were true what would that say. Hey look at me I can totally screw with the federal government to make sure my state gets the money that I earmarked in the budget. If the Teabaggers were true to what they say their convictions are, if fox news was truly fair and balanced and believed in a fiscally Conservative government this should be front and center blasted from coast to coast as the type of government they are fed up with.

What are the chances that the fact Senator Shelby is an old, white, southern, "conservative", republican will allow for this to disappear from the rights radar. It kind of reminds me of Sarah Palin's calling for Rahm's firing for saying f****** retard and saying it was OK for Rush to say "calling those retards, retard". You know it was satire. To steal a line from Stephen Colbert what a "f****** retard" hey that was satire.

No comments: