Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Carpetbaggers - lite

I wrote back during the NY23 that people do not like outsiders coming in and telling them how to vote.

There are many number of things going wrong for Coakley in the Senate race. Jon Stewart points out a few. One of the most dangerous for Coakley very well be those that are coming to rescue her.

When the number started turning sour for her, the race got a lot of attention. Money and people started pouring in all the way up to the President. I am not suggesting that the President campaigning for her is a bad thing. However, it might well be a symbol of the outside pressure being placed on an in dependant electorate. Many people whether right or left or straight down the middle tend to recoil in their response.

My uneasy feeling is that the Republicans are going to pull this one out for many different reasons. Democrats better learn some lessons quick on this one.

I will be thrilled to be wrong, but I am not expecting it.

One other thing I about forgot. The story line has been that all the big wigs are coming in to save Martha Coakley. Whether or not this is a result of sexism or not I don't know, but I sense the story line has left the voters sensing weakness and incompetence on the part of Coakley and that can not be a good thing.

No comments: