Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Sun rose in the East this morning.

Yeah, believe it or not Scott Brown won by 5 points last night in Mass. This is and should be an embarassement to the Dems. However, when I rolled out of bed there it was a big not so bright Sun coming up. The news that got my attention and concern was the 6.1 earthquake in Haiti.

I gave a few reasons that I thought Coakley was losing yesterday I wanted to add one more. I don't think in general American's want either one party to have too much party. I think that is why we see so often a divided government Dem Pres Rep Congress (Clinton) Rep Press Dem Congress (Reagen, Bush I, Bush II). When there is a regular election cycle people voting for the Senate don't have the power to influence more than their own representation. Yesterday the people of Massachusetts had a chance to influence the power structure in DC. I am guessing that factored largely into the minds of the truly swing voters of MA.

No comments: