Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Huh??

The timing for the VP announcement has been leaked as the text and emails are set to go out Friday afternoon / evening. This will be followed up by a rally Saturday day in Springfield, IL. This of course is where he kicked it all off last Febuary. What I don't understand is the waiting till the Friday afternoon news cycle to announce. I am not doubting that this is a well thought out plan. As I rack my brains the only thought that comes to mind is that there is the possibility of a let down once the pick is out.

The campaign has done a wonderful job of fueling the media speculation and seems to have thrown everyone off on the final pick. The expectation at this point may be higher than any VP candidate can deliver. This could possibly explain the timing. Allowing the news cycle to roll into the excitement of the convention and not allowing for too great of a let down. I certainly hope not. Then again they could be setting everyone to look to Friday in order to tamp down on the wild speculation and then release it earlier to everyone's surprise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It does seem a bit odd...but as you say, they have been pretty well planned out throughout the whole campaign so far...no reason to start doubting now I guess!

Any final bets? We haven't heard much about Clark lately, think he is totally out, or could he still be a surprise?

If the speculations are right about Biden, I think I would be happy with that pick. I have always liked the way he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Quite a few times throughout the dem debates I though to myself that I liked his directness and his unpolished way of speaking what he believes.