Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Twitter oh Twitter what have you wrecked now? - Kinder edition

I first became aware of Lt. Governor Peter Kinder's twitter problem back in February. This Politico article describes the tweet in question.

In February, he tweeted that his Democratic friends “can’t stand being reminded of the century-long vicious, racist, bigoted, KKK, segregationist, history of their party” — and added a smiley face to the end.


I remember responding with something to the effect of

"@PeterKinder Are you going to stick with defending liberal Republicans over Conservative Democrats?"

It became pretty clear once I started following him on Twitter that he had a discipline problem and a poor sense of appropriateness. More tweets followed and at times I responded to the thin air of the twitterverse. I recall Lt. Governor Kinder repeating the "lie of the Year" that Health Care Reform cost thousands of jobs, and I was finally blown away by the fact that he felt it was appropriate for a sitting state goverment official to be linking to Andrew Bretibart. To be honest I was embarrassed and said so. Kinder added his uninformed two sense to the hugely important Common at the White House debate.

It appears I am not the only one embarrassed by Lt. Peter Kinder's actions. Politico provides a tale of Missouri Republicans concerns about Kinder's chances at winning the Governors race in 2012.

No comments: