Monday, June 6, 2011

For the record, My guess

RE: the Weiner affair.

Here is my guess on what went down. My guess is that Mr. Weiner did in fact send the pictures to a lady in question. The lady in question is, I believe a middle aged women. I am guessing that the pictures were part of an on going chat between Rep. Weiner and this unnamed lady and were either solicited or at least welcomed.

In addition I believe somehow one or all these pictures got in another persons hands. At this point the picture was posted to Rep. Weiner's Yfrog account. Thus creating the story allowing for the release of the additional pictures and the story of the unnamed lady.

I am guessing it wouldn't be much of a real story if Rep Weiner simply sent some embarrassing pictures to a lady who asked for them or at the least welcomed them in a consensual manner.

Watching a Breitbart scandal unfold is like watching a "magician" do a card trick, your always looking for the mis-direction. Frequently with the Breitbart gang the trick is to lead with the crazy over the top innuendo attention getting headline grabbing statements. They allow the news cycle to carry the headline and then afterward, the truth trickles out. Resulting in everyone remembering the front page story and not the page 6 retraction.

I really got this sense when Breitbart announced that this unnamed lady would come forward - tomorrow. A day after the release of the additional photos. Why? My guess is the tale the lady will tell will not be as damaging as the imaginations of everyone speculating overnight.

Rep. Weiner will be addressing the situation today at 4:00 3Central. We'll know more then, maybe.

For the record I looked my response to the Rep. Chris Lee affair back in February and my response was

KurtJack "If the picture(s) was all there was to the Rep. Chris Lee story I would defend him, that this was no one's concern."
9 Feb

Update:

And I was wrong!

No comments: