Monday, October 19, 2009

What are those rippers 0

I recently had a spike in traffic on my site due to link from a newspaper. I was looking through the traffic and discovered a browser "Rippers 0". I was unable to determine what this is and it sounded slightly ominous.

After doing a little research I become more confused and a little concerned.

Further digging and I was able to become somewhat certain of what is going on. The only reason I am blogging about it here is that there doesn't appear to be many answers out there

Here is my guess. It appears that FireFox has a video addon to its toolbar that assist in downloading and viewing video that is embedded on websites. Thus ripping the video. Anybody out there with a similiar question I hope this helps and if you are able to prove or disprove please let me know.

1 comment:

XpL0ZiVesKiLLz said...

Thank you very much for the information. I literally started a blogspot the other day. Today I added a blog with a video in it. After viewing my logs I noticed 2 hits with someone using the "Rippers 0" browser. I also tried researching it and came up with a plethora of different answers. After reading your post it becomes obvious it is related to the video. Thanks again for the post!