Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I am a poll watcher

As you might be able to tell from my most recent post and a number of my earlier posts, I like to look at polls (probably way too much). My favorite resource for poll watching is Pollster.com .

They provide a great wealth of raw polling data and allow the user to filter on many different levels. One of the things I frequently do in an attempt to get what I believe to be more accurate picture of current polling is to filter out some of the polls that tend to be outside the norm and the daily tracking polls that are fair, however, they tend to overweight the results since they post numbers every day.



I was pleased to run across the following article at Pollster.com that discusses this and attempts to ascertain an accurate look at President Obama's approval trend line over the course of the last few months.

http://www.pollster.com/

No comments: