Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Public Option more Popular than Health Care Reform and President Obama

I noticed something that didn't seem right when going over a batch of the new polling that has been released since the first of the month. I was particularly interested in how the public option was polling. I started to notice a trend it appeared the the public option was still polling rather high compared to the more generic questions of Health Care Reform and Presidential approval.


I have gone back to the three polls that I could find that had a) Presidential Approval, b) Health Care Reform Approval, and c) Public Option Approval. I came up with three polls to compare
and charted the average approval rating from the three polls

Health Care 40%
President 54%
Public Option 58%




CBS News

Ipsos / McClathcy

Quinnipiac

At first I scratched my head on this. This morning I am setting around waiting fort the Senate Finance Committee (bill with out a public option) to vote and it seem to make more and more sense. Is it as simple as the 18% disparity between approving of health care reform and approving of the public option are those of us who know reform will not work with out a robust public option?

No comments: