Monday, October 19, 2009

Keep the Freak Going

I am not completely certain as to why, however, I find the current battle over "SuperFreakonomics" to be extremely interesting. I am sure it is in part due to the fact of how fascinating I found "Freakonomics" to be and now the authors are being called out by people I have a great deal of respect for as well.

This is where it all started for me
krugman. part 1
Krugman part 2

I read this article that I wanted to add to the current discussion.
Felix Salmon takes a whack at the authors. Apprently he wrote rather critically about the book Freakonomics back at its release.

Brad Delong takes a whack at the this issue. Interestingly Paul Krugman links this article even though Delong calles Krugman's take excessive. Delong takes a more middle of the road path but comes close to finishing where Krugman and Salmon do on this question.

Brad Delong's last word. We think.

And for the Counterpoint here is the Freak's take
Anatomy of a Smear
Global Warming Denial Greatly exaggerated .

No comments: