Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A note on Reoccurring Themes:

I have fallen into the habit of returning to some earlier themes time and time again. I am not sure if this is a sign of brilliance of laziness. Such themes have been I Love Maps and today the fact that both sides the left and the right are aghast that President Obama continues to do what he campaigned on.

Today's edition is on the Afghanistan troop deployment. After long deliberation President Obama has ordered an additional 30,000 troops to Afghanistan over the next 6 months. Personally I have rather mixed feelings on this matter. I will continue to consider and work through. The point of this post, regardless of the left's hand wringing and the right's complaining about dithering, this is pretty much what Senator Obama campaigned on.

A central piece of his foreign affairs plan was to remove ourselves from Iraq to focus on Afghanistan. He often made a point about deliberation and thoughtful consideration and this exactly how we got to today's announcement of the troop escalation. While I may not be very happy with this announcement I can not be surprised.

No comments: