Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Jansens go to Washington

Editorial Note: please be advised of graphic language, not suitable for children. All vulgarity intended for comic effect.

My wife surprised me tonight by agreeing to go to Washingon DC with me for the inaugiration in January. I may be wrong, but I think this is going to be a truly historic event. Estimates are coming in at 4 million people attending. I am certain we will be no where near the true event, but we will be there.

We are celebrating with a fine bottle of wine from Chateau ste. Michelle. A 1996 reserve bottle of Merlot. I know I said I wasn't drinking any "fucking merlot"http://www.snooth.com/wine/chateau-ste-michelle-merlot-reserve-1996/.
However this is good shit. We are pairing this with some maytag blue cheesehttp://www.maytagdairyfarms.com/aspx/welcome.aspx and some finely sliced dry salami.

The only thing that could make this better is spending it with true friends that made this happen. I can still remember two specific events from election night. First when some one announced that Obama had carried Pennsylvania. Mentally I knew that was it. If Obama won PA he would win the election. Second when the announcement came across that Barack Obama was in fact our President elect. No matter how good a bottle of wine, or a cup of coffee is it is always better with friends.


PS. this might be my first blog while I am under the influence. And there is nothing better than true friends.

I

1 comment:

eric said...

What a very cool wife to agree to the trip! You can tell you have gotten pretty far into the bottle(s) by your language and love :-) True friends are a wonderful thing!