Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Election Day 2009 Edition

There are 4 races that I have paid modest attention to. My biggest care at this time is the Question 1 issue on the ballot in Maine. To recap, the State of Maine passed a law legalizing same sex Marriage. There is a measure on the ballot today asking the people of Maine if they want to overturn this new law. A NO vote is in favor of keeping Same Sex Marriage legal.


This is the election that will have the most immediate impact on people's lives. Therefore this is the one that I will be most rooting for, while it may not get as much attention as the other races. To be clear I am strongly in favor of allowing the law to stand and let people marry who they want.

Regarding what this evening's election means to President Obama's Presidency, the answer is nothing. This will be a one - two day story and then onto bigger better things. The final outcome of the Healthcare Debate, Jobs, and the economy will weigh much heavier and longer on the assessment of his efforts in office.

For pure sideshow entertainment I will being keeping an eye out for the NY-23. My guess is that the Conservative Hoffman will win narrowly. My hope of course would be for the Democrat to pull out a razor thin victory. (I am still holding out hope that the sense of New Yorkers will reject the carpetbagger like campaign the Hoffman candidacy has turned into)

No comments: